The helix is the outer rim of the ear. The piercing heals at about the same rate as a traditional cartilage piercing but do to the fact that it is more prone to contact it is more problematic. It can for the most part be preformed on any area of the ear and is often used in conjunction with a tragus, conch, daith, anti-tragus or other helix to create an industrial or orbit.
Recently the Forward Helix has become popular. Unlike a traditional helix that is pierced at the angle outward where the helix attaches to the flat part of the ear, the forward helix in pierced at a straight angle through the helix flap at the front of the ear. This often requires different jewelry to heal correctly depending the piercee's anatomy. It can be done with either a Captive Bead Ring or as often is the case Labret Studs.
- Healing Time is 8-14 weeks
- Common Jewelry 20g to 10g 5/16 to 1/2
- Axiom base price with 18g or 16g Implant Grade Steel:
- Traditional Helix with Captive Bead Ring - - $55.00 / $30.00 for each additional
- Forward Helix with Labret Stud - $60.00 /$40.00 for each additional
- Pain level on a scale of 1-10 is between 3-5
For Aftercare information go to Aftercare for Basic Aftercare Instructions
For additional information on Jewelry go to Helix, Rook Daith and Tragus Jewelry